FOUNDATION TRAINING IN BOTOX & DERMAL FILLERS
Our injectables foundation course is the perfect start to becoming a competent and safe aesthetics practitioner. It will ground you in best practices you will use throughout your career
What is foundation training?
Are you ready to launch your career in aesthetic medicine? This injectables course is a multi-stage foundation experience that covers the essentials of injectable treatments for facial aesthetics
Why undertake foundation training?
You will first gain the necessary fundamental theoretical knowledge in aesthetic medicine through our comprehensive online learning. This is followed by in-clinic aesthetics training to build your practical skills in the core injectable treatments: botox and dermal fillers
What will I learn?
- Introduction to aesthetic medicine and injectables
- Facial anatomy and complications management
- The science of botulinum toxin and soft tissue fillers
- How to inject 3 areas with botox
- How to inject lips, cheeks and folds with dermal fillers
- Introduction to using a cannula with dermal fillers
- Running successful and ethical consultations
- Business tips and best practice in clinical environment, data and documentation
Beginner skill level
1 day in our own clinic & 6 hours of eLearning
CPD accredited certificate of completion
Doctors, dentists, nurses and clinical pharmacists
At our London academies and remotely
Our helpful Student Support team ensures your success on the course from enrolment through assessments
Join our private online group to network with your fellow students and trainers
You will gain the practical experience popular aesthetics clinics look for in new hires
1 DAY OF TRAINING & 6 HOURS ELEARNING
Six hours of interactive eLearning and online lectures will equip you with the necessary scientific and theoretical knowledge to make the most of your hands-on training
Modules will cover:
- An Introduction to Aesthetic Medicine.
- Consultation & Examination.
- Soft Tissue Filler & Botulinum Toxin.
- The Harley Academy Guide for Best Practice.
- Regulations & Training.
You must complete your eLearning before coming in for your practical training.
Once you've completed your eLearning, you’ll come into The Academy Clinic for your full day of hands-on training, with lunch included
Hosted in small groups of no more than six students with two trainers, you will have a truly tailored experience. This means plenty of individual attention from our trainers who will provide personalised assistance and answer all your questions
The session will start with a recap of the eLearning, followed by injection practice on silicone mannequins. You will then split into smaller groups for live patient observation and supervised treatment
CERTIFICATION & NEXT STEPS
Once you’ve successfully completed your injectables Foundation Training course, you will get your Harley Academy certificate. You can use this certificate to gain the appropriate insurance to practice aesthetic medicine in the UK
Advance your skills through further hands-on training at Harley Academy with our Level 7 Diploma in Botox & Dermal Fillers. Your Foundation Training course fee will be deducted from the cost of our Ofqual-regulated Level 7 course, or our Combined Level 7 should you choose to enrol
To become a skilled aesthetics practitioner, we do recommend our trainees continue onto their Level 7 Diploma. Through advanced eLearning, professional observation and extensive one-on-one mentoring, you'll become a safe, confident, ethical and employable aesthetics specialist
Another option for those not yet ready for the Level 7 is our Core Training in Botox & Dermal Fillers. Build your competence and confidence through professional observation and one-on-one mentoring as you administer injectable treatments in a real clinic environment
WHO WE ACCEPT ON THE COURSE
We currently accept the following medical professionals onto the Foundation Training in Botox & Dermal Fillers:
- Clinical Pharmacists
WHAT YOU'RE REQUIRED TO HAVE
- A valid professional registration number (eg. GMC, GDC, NMC, GPhC) with an active license to practice in the UK. Please note that we do not accept dental nurses or dental hygienists on any of our injectables or cosmetic dermatology courses including those with GDC numbers
- For clinical pharmacists, you must be able to provide proof of active clinical work where patient consultation is the majority of your day-to-day responsibilities, within the last year, in the form of a CV and verifiable reference
- English as a first language, or English Language Testing System (IELTS) 7.0 in all components
- International students may be accepted if an equivalent level of education can be demonstrated, and you are professionally registered. Please refer to our Entry Requirements Policy for details
Foundation Training in Botox & Dermal Fillers
Select event date:
DOWNLOAD OUR FULL PROSPECTUS
Attend our free open evening
If you're not sure which course is right for you, let us help.
Join us online or in-person at our FREE open evening to learn more.Learn more