Combined Level 7 Diploma & Cosmetic Dermatology
Become an all around aesthetics specialist on our combined Level 7 Diploma and Cosmetic Dermatology course. Enhance your career opportunities and clinic capabilities with a broad skillset in popular injectable and skin treatments: botox, dermal filler, chemical peels, microneedling and skin boosters.
Combined Level 7 Diploma & Cosmetic Dermatology
Become an all around aesthetics specialist on our combined Level 7 Diploma and Cosmetic Dermatology course. Enhance your career opportunities and clinic capabilities with a broad skillset in popular injectable and skin treatments: botox, dermal filler, chemical peels, microneedling, mesotherapy and skin boosters.
Become an Aesthetics Specialist
Learn to treat the full spectrum of patient concerns from the most superficial to the deepest layers of the face. By combining your Level 7 Diploma with our Cosmetic Dermatology course, you will have the most thorough education in aesthetic medicine available.
By combining these courses, you will be giving yourself the best possible start in aesthetic medicine.
- Set yourself apart in an increasingly competitive field with recognised qualifications.
- Future-proof your career against future regulation with a Level 7 Diploma.
- Build a case portfolio that will get you hired at a top clinic.
- Learn to combine skin and injectable treatments to build holistic plans that will improve outcomes and patient retention.
- Offer a broad range of aesthetic treatments that will help build your client base.
Arrange your call with us today
What is the Level 7 Diploma?
The Harley Academy Level 7 Diploma is an Ofqual-regulated, postgraduate-level medical aesthetics qualification teaching the science, theory and practice of injectable treatments.
As advocates for safer aesthetic practice and improved patient safety, Harley Academy pioneered this UK qualification. We are proud to be the first JCCP-approved training centre for injectables.
We know there are a lot of training options in the UK aesthetic medicine. Here’s why you need a Level 7 Diploma.
- Future-proof your career against welcome UK regulatory changes.
- Improve your employability with practical experience that will get you hired at leading clinics.
- Distinguish yourself in an increasingly competitive field as patients become better informed.
- Gain hours of practical experience in a safe and supervised clinical environment.
- Practice aesthetic medicine while you flexibly complete your diploma.
- Access an active online community for ongoing support from peers and trainers.
Why combine with Cosmetic Dermatology?
By combining your Level 7 Diploma with our professional Cosmetic Dermatology certification, you are opening up your career to a world of possibilities.
- Build a broader client list by offering less invasive procedures to people who are new to aesthetic medicine.
- Improve your client retention with frequent and effective skin therapies.
- Provide better outcomes for you injectables clients with holistic treatment plans.
- Nurture trust with take-home treatment recommendations through your in-depth understanding of topical skin treatments.
Why study with Harley Academy?
As the highest qualification in UK aesthetic medicine, it’s important to find the right training provider for your Level 7 Diploma. Here’s why you should choose Harley Academy for your Level 7 course.
- We only train doctors, dentists, nurses and midwives to ensure growth of a body of medically trained aesthetics professionals.
- You will train in a safe, medical environment with all hands-on training taking place in our own clinics, so you can feel confident as you progress from beginner to specialist.
- Take your knowledge beyond the HEE recommendations with free access to our 1:1 Training eLearning courses covering lips, mid-face and lower face.
- Learn key business skills to help establish your new clinic and brand with free access to our Business Marketing for Aesthetic Medicine.
- Plan your training sessions around your busy schedule. Whether you’re working in the NHS or already in aesthetic medicine, our flexible model fits around you.
- Our partnership with Allergan Aesthetics means you’ll learn using their injectable product range.
- As the original author of the Level 7 and the first organisation recognised by the JCCP, we are deeply experienced and have trained more healthcare professionals than any other provider with over 1,000 students on our Level 7 course alone.
- Our online community provides lifelong learning, live events and networking opportunities for new learners and graduates alike.
How Our Combined Course Works
Here's what you can expect on our Combined Course
Our courses are flexible around your busy schedule. eLearning is completed in your own time, at your own pace. In-clinic training can be scheduled through your student portal.
These course timelines show our Level 7 Diploma and Cosmetic Dermatology courses separately, but we expect our students will be able to complete both aspects of their combined course in 12-24 months.
Learn more about each section of the Level 7 course
On the Cosmetic Dermatology Course, you will have the following eLearning courses to complete:
- Foundation Training in Cosmetic Dermatology
- Cosmetic Dermatology Course
- Cosmetic Dermatology: Medium Depth Chemical Peels
- Cosmetic Dermatology: Injectables for Skin Rejuvenation.
This online training will teach you core knowledge and skills in skin treatments, skin science and how to take a skin-first approach to facial aesthetics.
You Foundation Training in Cosmetic Dermatology eLearning will be completed ahead of your in-clinic session. You will learn the essential science behind superficial chemical peels and superficial microneedling, giving you a solid base on which to build more advanced skin therapies.
You will then continue onto the full Cosmetic Dermatology Course eLearning, including the online learning for medium depth chemical peels and injectables for skin rejuvenation. This eLearning will arm you with in-depth knowledge on active ingredients, how to build unique treatment plans and how to combine different modalities for the best results – all based in the latest skin science.
Your Cosmetic Dermatology Course will begin with our Foundation Training in Cosmetic Dermatology.
Once you complete your Foundation Training eLearning, you will be able to attend our in-clinic course, learning the practical skills of superficial chemical peels and superficial microneedling, practicing on live patients.
Your foundation course will be led by our Cosmetic Dermatology specialist trainer in small groups to ensure you have ample space to get all your questions answered.
You will be able to carry out superficial chemical peels and microneedling immediately upon completing this course, and we’ll provide you with a starter pack so you can hit the ground running.
Once you’ve completed your Foundation Training in Cosmetic Dermatology, you will move onto our more advanced training: Medium Depth Chemical Peels and Injectables for Skin Rejuvenation.
Our advanced skin training is made up of two full days in the clinic where you will have lectures and hands-on practice in these two popular treatments, building upon your Foundation Training.
Medium Depth Chemical Peels
In addition to superficial peels, you’ll learn to confidently tackle darker skin types, use a wide range of peeling agents for different indications and use TCA peels to a medium depth.
Injectables for Skin Rejuvenation
Integrate injectable skin treatments into your practice. This new and exciting field of treatments includes skin boosters, mesotherapy and unique biorevitalisation products.
Understand topical skin therapy & build tailored treatment plans
Learn how to build tailored treatment plans for your patients’ individualised needs with an advanced knowledge of active ingredients and combination therapies. By taking a skin-first approach to aesthetics, you’ll see improved patient outcomes from your injectable treatments.
Our Level 7 Diploma boasts the most extensive and in-depth eLearning on the market. With this eLearning, you will build your theoretical knowledge to ensure you have a strong foundation in anatomy, science, ethics and business to support your training and your career. With the ability to save your progress and pick up where you left off, we encourage all our students to work at their own pace.
Our Level 7 eLearning incorporates the following eLearning into a single course:
- Foundation Training in Botox & Dermal Fillers
- 1:1 Training Fundamental Principles of Filler Treatment
- 1:1 Training in Jawline & Lower Face
- 1:1 Training in Mid-Face & Cannula
- 1:1 Training in Perioral & Lip Filler
- Preventing & Managing Dermal Filler Complications
- Business Marketing in Aesthetic Medicine
The structure of your Level 7 Diploma in Botox & Dermal Fillers eLearning is as follows:
- Module 1: Introduction to the Level 7
- Module 2: Foundation Training in Botox & Dermal Fillers
- Module 3: Level 7 eLearning
- Chapter 1: Soft Tissue Fillers (bolstered with all the content from our 1:1 Training eLearning)
- Chapter 2: Botulinum Toxins
- Chapter 3: Dermatology and Skin Ageing
- Chapter 4: Principles of Psychology
- Chapter 5: Professionalism, Law & Ethics
- Module 4: Preventing & Managing Dermal Filler Complications
- Module 5: Business Marketing in Aesthetic Medicine
These modules will be a great resource to you throughout your Level 7 Diploma, and can be referenced throughout your career as they keep up with the latest scientific evidence.
You’ll begin in-clinic training on your Level 7 Induction. This is a half-day where you will complete your Foundation Training and learn essential information about how the Level 7 Diploma is run.
Our Foundation Training will ground you in best practices that you will use throughout your career as an aesthetics practitioner. The training covers the essential practice and theory of injectable treatments for facial aesthetic rejuvenation, including key needle techniques.
Your introduction to the Level 7 Diploma is designed to help you make the most of the course. Our student support team will walk you through the journey you are about to take on the Level 7 qualification, and a Harley Academy clinical trainer will provide key insights into how to interact and network with our community.
When you complete your Level 7 Diploma Induction, you’ll receive your Harley Academy Foundation Training Certificate. This certificate enables you to gain insurance to practice injectable treatments. You will receive a starter pack with all the consumables you need to treat your first patients, as well as our Best Practice Guide, which answers all the tricky questions regarding prescribing, insurance and data protection.
Observing treatments is a crucial part of the training requirements outlined in the 2016 HEE Guidelines. On our Level 7 qualification, you will have two full Observation Days to ensure you are able to record the 20 observed injectable treatments necessary for your case logbook.
At your Observation Days, a Harley Academy clinical trainer will perform live injectable treatment demonstrations. You will watch your trainer carry out a variety of injection techniques and provide live instruction throughout. In groups of no more than 10 students, you will have the time and space to have all your questions answered.
Observation Days cover the full patient treatment cycle, covering consultation, treatment planning, injecting, aftercare and post-treatment advice. In completing your Observation Days, you will have the awareness and knowledge to further build upon your practical skills during your supervised Mentoring Sessions.
Mentoring is a central part of the 2016 government training recommendations for delivery of cosmetic procedures. As part of the Level 7 Diploma, you will carry out at least 20 supervised injectable treatments on your mentoring sessions for your case logbook.
Your Mentoring Sessions are the best way to gain hands-on practical skills and experience in aesthetic injectables. The sessions are a bespoke 1:1 learning experience to enable you to rapidly improve your fine motor abilities and client consultation skills.
You will see a minimum of 4 patients over each session and can attend as many times as required to fulfil your logbook requirements. Your sessions will help you:
- Rapidly improve your technique with tips and feedback from your mentor, focused on your particular strengths and learning needs.
- Learn an array of injection techniques by practising them first hand on a live patient.
- Practise mixing the correct dosage for a range of indications of varying intensity covering both botox and dermal fillers, depending on your session.
- Build your ability to adapt to your patient. By actively learning in a working clinic, you’ll see patients from every walk of life, of all ages, genders and ethnicities.
- Grow your confidence by working with different Harley Academy clinical trainers who will be able to give you unique perspectives and inspire you in new ways.
- Perform the full treatment of a live patient, including consultation, treatment planning, injecting, aftercare and post-treatment advice.
The official assessment set by our Awarding Body, VTCT comprises of:
- Completion of your Case Logbook
- Direct Observation of Practical Skills (DOPS) through two filmed mentoring cases
- Written Short Answer Questions (SAQs)
- Written literature review
- Timed academic examination
You will need to pass all parts of this examination to receive your Level 7 Diploma, and our Assessments Team will work with you directly to ensure your success.
Following successful completion of your assessments, you will have your Level 7 Diploma – a qualification that will set you apart from competitors, make you stand out to employers and overall future-proof your career against changes in regulation.
The Level 7 Diploma is Ofqual-regulated and awarded through VTCT. We will send your diploma in the mail and provide you with a digital toolkit to promote your qualification to potential clients and employers.
Get To Know Our Training Clinic
A look inside aesthetic medicine
Still not sure aesthetic medicine is right for you? Join our next Open Evening, a free event about the aesthetics industry, making the change into aesthetics and the training you’ll need to build a successful career.
Watch a full face treatment demonstration by Harley Academy founder and executive chairman, Dr Tristan Mehta. This one hour demonstration will give you a unique insight into injectable treatments and the depth of knowledge and expertise attainable through advanced aesthetics training.
Who is this course for?
We currently accept the following medical professionals onto Harley Academy training
- Nurses & Midwives
You are also required to have:
- A valid professional registration number with an active license to practice in the UK. Please note that we do not accept dental nurses or dental hygienists on any of our injectables or cosmetic dermatology courses including those with GDC numbers.
- English as a first language, or English Language Testing System (IELTS) 7.0 in all components
- Postgraduate degree/diploma/master’s in Anatomy, Dermatology, Medicine, Surgery, Research
- CCT or completion of training within profession
International students may be accepted if an equivalent level of education can be demonstrated, and you are professionally registered. Please refer to our Entry Requirements Policy for details.
Employability with the Level 7
Whether you intend to set up your own practice, work at an established clinic or simply offer aesthetic treatments to your existing patients, the Level 7 will give you the tools to do so.
Upon completion, you will have a logbook of at least 40 patient cases with which you can demonstrate your proficiency to prospective employers. You will also have access to Comma, the community for medical aesthetics, where you can network with fellow practitioners and explore available jobs.
Above all, our Level 7 in injectables for aesthetic medicine training is designed to give you essential skills and confidence. You will gain in-depth knowledge on the core, evidence-based aesthetic procedures that underpin a successful practice.
Harley Academy Level 7 students have great career prospects, and we boast graduates at a number of high profile clinics, including: sk:n, The Harley Medical Group, Courthouse Clinics, ASKINOLOGY and more.
Injectables / Short Course
Hone your skills in a private training session with a Harley Academy expert. Begin with specialist eLearning in the area of your choosing, then come into our training clinic with your own patient to be guided through a full treatment by a Harley Academy expert.
Injectables / Short Course
Our Foundation Training course is the ultimate start to your career in aesthetics. You will gain the essential skills and basic knowledge necessary to embark on further hands-on education and practice in aesthetics.
Skin / Short Course
All facial rejuvenation starts with skin. This one day course covers the essentials of skin health and hands-on practice of both key skin rejuvenation techniques. Learn essential theory and practical skills to introduce skin treatments to your clinic.