SMALL GROUP (1:2) MENTORING
Harley Academy delivers the UK’s only fully HEE-compliant mentoring scheme in botulinum toxin and dermal filler procedures.
Small group mentoring allows you to consult and treat genuine patients under expert guidance. One-to-two tuition ensures that you receive effective, personal feedback.
Mentoring is a central part of the 2016 government training recommendations for delivery of cosmetic procedures. As such, the Harley Academy Level 7 qualification and mentoring scheme is designed to support these guidelines, which require aesthetic practitioners to observe 10 and perform 10 supervised treatments during training (in each modality).
This kind of clinical placement allows practitioners who have completed a Foundation Day in botulinum toxin and dermal fillers to build their skills in a real clinical setting.
UNDER SUPERVISION YOU WILL
- Design individualised treatment plans in response to genuine patient concerns.
- Tailor treatments according to a range of physical, medical and professional requirements of each patient, as you will in your own practice.
- Practice accurate and appropriate injection technique and product placement under close supervision of an experienced aesthetic doctor.
- Consent patients for photography to develop your portfolio.
- Experience working in a cosmetic clinic, and find out what it is like day today.
- Obtain a reference (required to qualify in injectables) from the supervising doctor.
- Qualified as a doctor, dentist, nurse, midwife, or pharmacist.
- Valid medical registration number (GMC, GDC, NMC, or GPhC number)
- Foundation Training certificate (obtained on the first stage of your Level 7 Accredited Course)
Part of why so many people come through us is that our mentors are hand-picked experts who are already independently successful, all meet HEE mentoring criteria, and have all gone through rigorous mentoring audits (based on university mentor audit). This is next level training.
You can find an up-to-date list of supervisors and training clinic locations on the Harley Academy Clinics website.