2016 Health Education England guidelines specify that new and experienced aesthetics practitioners who wish to deliver botulinum toxins and soft tissue fillers should formally demonstrate that they have a postgraduate level of training by 2018.
Harley Academy’s postgraduate Level 7 qualification in Injectables has been developed to tackle the challenge of delivering this much higher standard of cosmetic training.
Beyond just meeting upcoming regulations, the rigour of the Level 7 course content and practical hands-on clinical experience is forcing this otherwise unregulated medical specialty to raise its standards. This means you get a greater level of skill from your training, and patients get safer aesthetics practitioners injecting them.
The ability to qualify to a Level 7 standard means that there is now a two-tiered system in aesthetic medicine, where some practitioners are fully qualified to Level 7, but others are still practicing with only one or two days of semi-formal training. It is increasingly clear which of these are safer, more skillful, and employable.
If you have questions about the changing regulatory landscape in aesthetics and what this could mean for you, contact us.
- Short courses vs. Level 7 courses: A Guide to Training in Aesthetics
- Health Education England Guidelines 2015: What You Need To Know
- Health Education England Guidelines 2016: A Brief Summary
- HEE Guidelines: An Overview
- GMC Rules for doctors delivering Cosmetic Procedures (2016)
- Health Education England guidelines (Part One & Part Two)
Our Level 7 Injectables course provides all the practical and theoretical training you need to achieve HEE qualification requirements:
- Our Foundation Day will give you a certificate (required for insurance) that entitles you to start practicing cosmetic procedures. This is the first step in any career in aesthetic medicine.
- Our postgraduate curriculum covers the theoretical knowledge required for safe practice. The e-learning platform keeps a log of all curriculum items studied. There are also areas for reflection,formative exercises, and a workbook for you to log your practical training.
- Under professional supervision, you will observe and expertly deliver 10 treatments of botulinum toxin and dermal fillers on your clinical placement.
- Passing our rigorous assessments (assignments and OSCEs) allows you to formally demonstrate the standard of your cosmetic training, and acts as evidence that you have met the latest HEE qualification requirements.