Why choose Harley Academy for dermal filler training?
Dermal filler training is changing. Harley Academy is the first training course in the UK to offer Ofqual-accredited Dermal Filler training according to the 2016 Government guidelines. Rather than providing a weekend course – which are now not considered best practice – we provide our students with much more:
- Foundation Day, one day introductory courses for beginners
- E-learning, with 50-100 hours of in-depth online learning
- Mentoring, providing practical experience in a clinic
- Level 7 qualifications in Injectables in Aesthetic Medicine (covering Botox, fillers and cosmetic dermatology) upon passing our assessments.
|11th January 2017||Fillers and Botox Foundation Training||London||Royal Society of Medicine|
|21st January 2017||Fillers and Botox Foundation Training||London||Royal Society of Medicine|
|1st February 2017||Fillers and Botox Foundation Training||Liverpool||Pall Mall Medical|
|9th February 2017||Fillers and Botox Foundation Training
||London||Royal Society of Medicine|
|15th February 2017||Fillers and Botox Foundation Training
||Manchester||Pall Mall Medical Manchester|
|25th February 2017||Fillers and Botox Foundation Training||London||Royal Society of Medicine|
|9th March 2017||Fillers and Botox Foundation Training||London||Royal Society of Medicine|
|17th March 2017||Fillers and Botox Foundation Training||London||Royal Society of Medicine|
|24th March 2017||Fillers and Botox Foundation Training||Liverpool||Pall Mall Medical Liverpool|
Foundation Days – Dermal Filler & Botox Training
The first stage in our award-winning course in Dermal Filler & Botox training. If you are a suitably qualified medical professional this certificate will allow you to start administering Dermal Fillers and Botox. We offer fully Ofqual regulated foundation days in London, Liverpool and Manchester.
Our online syllabus provides the theoretical, scientific and practical knowledge that you need to safely practice dermal filler treatments. This is crucial for avoiding devastating risks such as blindness from dermal fillers.
- 50-100 hours of postgraduate level material.
- Updated medical research on dermal fillers, as well as topics surrounding it including relevant facial anatomy, vascular anatomy, volume loss and dermatology.
- Optional modules on health and safety, law, policy and ethics.
- Videos, interactive diagrams, and interim assessments to enhance your progress.
- Tracks your progress through the course.
- Compares products and brands based solely on medical research.
- Comprehensively covers indications and contraindications of dermal fillers.
- CPD accredited.
- Preview our e-learning
- Read more
The Harley Training Clinic allows our delegates to practice and observe Dermal Filler treatments in a real clinical setting. Read more.
- Real patient consultations: an opportunity for delegates to hear respond to genuine patient concerns about a range of volume loss, design individualised treatment plans, and communicate these to patients.
- Practise of accurate and appropriate injection technique and product placement for a range of filler treatments, such as tear troughs and lips, under close supervision of an experienced aesthetic doctor.
- Immediate feedback and one-to-one mentoring.
- A logbook for recording your reflections for future reference.
- The opportunity to ask questions as you learn.
- Insurance for your supervised treatments.
- A supervisor’s reference (this is required to qualify in injectables).
- Experience what working in a cosmetic clinic is actually like.
- Read more
Future-proof your career
Dermal Filler treatments have come under serious scrutiny over the last 12 months because of their risk to patient safety in under-qualified hands. Whilst they still remain a medical device (meaning no prescription is required to acquire or deliver the treatment), the 2015 Government cosmetic standards review recommend that practitioners acquire university-standard competencies before delivering these treatments.
Once our students are ready for the clinical setting, they can flexibly attend a clinical placement. During your clinical placement, you will observe 10 treatments of Dermal Filler followed by 10 supervised injections of your own.
Students will be learning with real patients with unique expectations and consultation requirements; ensuring Harley Academy graduates gain sufficient experience in clinical aesthetic practice.
We arrange an assessment once student have received a reference from their supervisor. This will include an OSCE, MCQs and a portfolio review.
We are not affiliated with any manufacturer therefore our students gain competencies with any Dermal Filler product, including Restylane®, Teosyal®, Emervel®, and Juvederm Ultra®.
Through offering an accredited University-standard course in Dermal Fillers, we are pushing forward regulation and helping to forge aesthetic medicine as its own specialty rather than an extension of the beauty industry.
Prepare for future regulation and train with Harley Academy today.
Aims and Objectives:
– Understand the age-related mechanisms of collagen
– Undertake a thorough assessment of your patient
– To appreciate the types of Dermal Fillers available
– To understand formulation of different fillers on the market
– Understand relevant facial anatomy, with an emphasis on vascular anatomy of the face
– Be aware of the possible injection techniques
– Discuss the indications for Dermal Fillers
– Discuss the contraindications for Dermal Fillers
– Discuss the complications of Dermal Fillers and appropriate management
– Recognise the composition, mode of action and indications for alternative filler products e.g. Poly-L-Lactic Acid, Fibroblast cultures and permanent fillers
Areas of clinical practice will include:
- Nasolabial Folds
- Lip Augmentation
- Peri-oral Lines
- Oral Commissures
- Exposure to advanced treatments e.g. tear trough fillers and 8-point lifts
I just wanted to thank you for the mentoring Harley Academy arranged for me in Liverpool. I learned so much from the session. Previously I was lacking in confidence, but Dr Vikram’s teaching style is so pleasant and non-threatening, it made it very easy for me to pick up some really valuable skills.
In that one day, I made so much progress with my knowledge in facial aesthetics I cannot thank you enough. I will definitely be booking further mentoring sessions with you.
Ash Hussain GDP (Dentist)