As part of our commitment to providing the best aesthetic medicine training courses in the UK, we’ve added a new option to the Harley Academy offering: Core Training in Botox and Dermal Fillers.
Learn what this new course entails, who is eligible for this training and where it fits into our current roster, below.
But first find out more from Harley Academy founder, Dr Tristan Mehta, who developed the industry-leading Level 7 qualification…
“Breaking down the aesthetic medicine training pathway”
“For years, Harley Academy has only offered our one-to-one mentoring as part of our Level 7 programme,” explains Dr Tristan. “This is now being elevated to become our Aesthetic Medicine Specialty Training Programme; it’s what our refreshed Level 7 Diploma in Botox and Dermal Fillers will become.”
If you haven’t read about our recent Level 7 upgrades, we recommend taking a look! This enhanced version will be rolled out to all current Level 7 students as well as newcomers.
“We’re breaking down the aesthetic medicine training pathway for all medical practitioners who want to get started,” Dr Tristan advises.
“We have our Foundation Training and we have a Core Training pathway which is for practitioners who want to get started but aren’t prepared to commit to the full specialty. This will involve some shadowing and placements.
“Then we also still have the full Level 7 training programme which will include a whole lot more – all of the training, all of the career support and, of course, the Diploma qualification which is the recommended standard for aesthetics practitioners.”
“In essence we’re simplifying our training into two main pathways. You’ve got the Specialty Training pathway and the Core Training pathway. These have been designed to suit licensed healthcare professionals – doctors, dentists, nurses and midwives – from all backgrounds, budgets and levels of readiness for starting their aesthetic medicine careers.
Most importantly, these are all provided in line with the Harley Academy values and always within the framework and context of gaining a qualification and becoming a specialist.”
Core Training in Botox and Dermal Fillers, Overview
What is the Core Training in Botox and Dermal Fillers?
This involves 12 hours of dedicated eLearning and a three day course in injectables. It offers a solid grounding in the theory of botox and dermal fillers as well as confidence-boosting practical injecting sessions. Observation and mentoring allow you to progress quickly and really get the most out of this efficient short course.
Who can take this Core Training aesthetics course?
Any qualified and licensed doctor, dentist, nurse or midwife. This means you must be insured to practice aesthetics so should have completed a suitable foundation course in injectables before you can be accepted onto our Core Training.
You must also be able to attend in-person training at one of our Academy locations.
Do I need to complete a Core Training course before I can take the Level 7 Diploma?
No. You can, but it is not necessary. As long as you’re a qualified doctor, dentist, nurse or midwife who is licensed and insured to practice aesthetic medicine, you can choose which pathway you wish to follow: Core Training or the Level 7 Diploma.
What does each course prepare me for as a new injector?
Foundation Training in Botox and Dermal Fillers: This is an introduction to aesthetic medicine and provides you with an overview of injectables, including practical injecting experience.
Once you have successfully completed your Foundation Training you will:
• receive a certificate confirming that you have passed
• be able to get insurance to practice medical aesthetics
• be eligible to undertake more advanced training, such as the Core Training or Level 7 Diploma.
Core Training in Botox and Dermal Fillers: This three-day day course offers:
• an additional 12 hours of eLearning designed to ground you in the science and theory of botox and dermal fillers
• practical, hands-on guidance in injecting from experienced aesthetics specialists
• observation and mentoring
• the chance to work on your patient care, from consultation to aftercare advice
• opportunities to experience working in a working aesthetics clinic, treating real patients
• gain a better understanding of what’s involved in day-to-day aesthetics practice.
It’s best suited to new injectors who aren’t sure how committed they are to the specialty yet.
Level 7 Diploma: This is the premier aesthetic medicine qualification in the UK. It marks you out as a safe, ethical, skilled and highly knowledgeable practitioner.
The Level 7 Diploma in Botox and Dermal Fillers provides:
• extensive, in-depth training in
• facial ageing
• product selection
• injecting and cannulation
• complications management
• patient care.
• one-to-one observation and mentoring from experienced aesthetics specialists
• many opportunities to practice in a working clinic, treating real patients
• the chance to see how a successful clinic is run
• constant educational and on-going career support
• a respected, industry-leading Diploma qualification in aesthetic medicine
• increased employability thanks to your portfolio of treatment experience and Diploma.
Find out more
At Harley Academy we are continually improving our content to meet the changing aesthetics landscape. We constantly push for excellence in aesthetic medicine and improved standards across the industry – starting with education.
If you’re interested in starting your journey with us, you can find out more about our various aesthetics training courses here on our website. Alternatively, book a call with Deneal Basi, our head of student recruitment. He’ll be happy to discuss your needs and find the best option for getting you #HarleyTrained!